Re: lilypond does not generate tex file

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: lilypond does not generate tex file
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:28:36 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
> I've installed lilypond 2.6.0-1 on cygwin, but
> it does not generate the tex and dvi files.
LilyPond 2.6 (and later) no more uses TeX for output,
it directly outputs PostScript.

> The pdf file works well, but I cannot open the ps file!
Why do you need to open the ps? Isn't the pdf enough?
If you really want to open the ps files, you'll need a very
recent version of Ghostscript and/or PS viewer.

These topics have already been discussed on the mailing lists,
search the archive for details.
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>