Re: Spaces in system names [WAS] Output other than PDF

From: dax2
Subject: Re: Spaces in system names [WAS] Output other than PDF
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:51:23 +0200

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:08:22 +0200
Han-Wen wrote:

> I think /usr/local/bin/lilypond is the shell script to invoke it from
> the command line. It currently says
>
>    # run the program
>    python "$INSTALLDIR/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/lilycall.py" \
>    "$INSTALLDIR/LilyPond.app/" $*

Remember to use $@
which keeps variables with spaces (like filenames) together.

#Compare:
set "gamma waves"
for u in $@
do
    echo $u
done
  -> gamma waves

for u in $*
do
    echo $u
done
  -> gamma
     waves

There is problems with spaces in filenames any way you
look at it. If one shell script calls another - then what?

<joke>
People who use Lilypond would not suffer much (more:-)
by learning to avoid spaces in filnames.
</joke>

--
dax2-tele2adsl:dk -- http://d-axel.dk/  Donald Axel