Re: offset not working

From: Kris Shaffer
Subject: Re: offset not working
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:11:16 -0400

I ran into this problem a couple weeks ago. You can't move text assigned to a multirest (or any single full-bar rest produced by "R"). Here's the fix:

\once \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 2.0) %you can use padding here, instead if you like
s1*0^\markup {No.1 Lent et douloureux}|
R1*3/4

The downside to this is that you cannot get \fatText to apply the width of the text attached to s1*0 to the R1 bar. But in your case, that should not matter.

--
Kris Shaffer
graduate student in music theory, Yale University