Re: lilypond does not work...

From: Thomas Ruedas
Subject: Re: lilypond does not work...
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 01:54:10 +0200

On Saturday 20 August 2005 18:32, Antoine Marin wrote:
> I just installed lilypond 2.6.3 for any x86 with autopackage
> (everything was OK
> during the install process) on a laptop with FC3 and I get this :
>  > lilypond
> GNU LilyPond 2.6.3
> ERROR: In procedure hash-fold:
> ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 3: ((#<primitive-procedure
> ly:lily-parser?> . #<procedure #f ()>) (#<primitive-procedure
> ly:set-point-and-click> . #<procedure #f ()>) (#<primitive-procedure
That's what I also got when trying the autopackage for 2.6.3. I don't know
what the reason is, but it certainly doesn't detect several (most?)
version inconsistencies or lacking helper programs/libraries; for
instance, the only error I got when trying to install the autopackage at
the beginning of my attempts was a complaint about a too old ghostscript;
after upgrading it, the autopackage installed itself without problems,
but then the binary failed in the same way as with you. It turned out
that I lacked several other libraries and stuff, and in the end I
compiled from the sources.
The bottomline is that you should first check that you have all required
software in sufficiently recent versions.
Thomas