Re: triplet problem in multi-staff score 2.7 and 2.6 versions

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: triplet problem in multi-staff score 2.7 and 2.6 versions
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:45:30 -0700

On 22-Aug-05, at 3:06 PM, Erik Sandberg wrote:

On Monday 22 August 2005 21.24, Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:
But then Mats/Graham and others keep on recommending staying with
'stable' which won't have the 'needed' features.  I'd love a
clarification on this one.

It depends on what you expect from it: 2.7 _is_ usable, so you can use it if you like. We also appreciate bug reports and comments. However, it's not
stable, which means that
- there's a greater risk of random errors
- people like Mats and Graham (and me) are less likely to help you if you run
into problems.

I'd like to clarify that somewhat: if you're using 2.7, then I expect more from the user. They should be aware that random notation errors occur, that random packaging errors occur, etc. If they report a bug, I'd like to see a minimal
example that demonstrates it, not "here's my whole project; bar 86 looks
weird".

If somebody running 2.7 is polite about reporting a problem and has done
some investigation of their own, then I'm delighted to help them. More so
than somebody posting a random question about 2.6, in fact.

But if somebody seems surprised and upset that a feature in 2.7.7 is broken when it worked in 2.6.3, or doesn't seem to know enough about lily to diagnose
problems, or is running a somewhat obscure operating system and has
packaging/installation problems, or just in general seems to prefer a stable
music creation program, I recommend 2.6.

Cheers,
- Graham