Re: color every note-head by its note-name

From: stk
Subject: Re: color every note-head by its note-name
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:42:26 -0400 (EDT)

Erik Sandberg wrote:

> It requires some Scheme hacking though, and you need to know about the
> internal representation of Music Expressions. It's probably doable in
> less than 20 lines of code, including colour codes.

Where does there exist a systematic explanation of the details of
-- LilyPond's internal representations in general
-- all of the Scheme functions used in LilyPond

I admit I shouldn't be asking this question yet, as at this point I have
worked my way through only about a quarter of one of the online Scheme
tutorials. Years ago I did some programming in Lisp 1.5; it isn't the kind
of thing you forget.  Looking at *.SCM files and seeing function
definitions with parameters that aren't even used in the body of the
function (parser, location,...)  made me realize I had to learn Scheme.
But I have a suspicion that learning Scheme isn't going to get me very far
without an explanatory reference on the data structures and functions
peculiar to LilyPond.

Searching for stuff in the Program Reference manual by itself doesn't
suffice.  I can find possibly relevant terms that way, but if I can't find
a usage example in one of the *.SCM files in the distribution, LOL.

Or is it just felt that it would be better if new users weren't distracted
by trying to acquire a knowledge of the details of LilyPond Scheme?

-- Tom