stretchable systems

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: stretchable systems
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:42:25 +0200

Hi,

Considering a piece with N-staff systems, with no room on a page for 3
systems, only for two, but with lot of space left, I can't find if it is
possible to automatically enlarge (I hope that this word won't make this
message marked as spam) the space between staves in a system, up to a
certain distance, so that there should be less space between the two
systems.

Before:
----- page -----
/==
|==
\==

/==
|==
\==
----- page -----

After:
----- page -----
/==

|==

\==

/==

|==

\==

If this does not exist yet, but is sponsorable, I'm interested.

nicolas

PS: is there a problem with the mailing list search page? Searching on
"staff" gives 0 results:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=staff&idxname=lilypond-user&max=10&result=normal&sort=score