Re: Preferred way for text

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Preferred way for text
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:11:06 -0700

On 26-Aug-05, at 9:23 AM, Trevor Baca wrote:
That exchange right there might beneficially add to the manual at
section 8.1.3 or 8.1.4.

Most of this info is already in the manual, though.

* external \markup { } for a block of text outside a score

Not really covered, but I've added it now.

* \mark \markup { } for text over a barline or between notes (and only
above the topmost staff)

8.1.3

* _\markup { } and ^\markup { } for text below or above the a single
staff, respectively

8.1.1

* R1^\markup { } for text centered over fullmeasure rests

8.2.3

... with an example of each.

Those uses are quite clear to me now, but they certainly weren't at
the beginning.

Well, I'm happy to add user-contributed docs; see
http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/documentation-adding

Cheers,
- Graham