Re: Yet another font problem

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Yet another font problem
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:52:56 +0200

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
Mats Bengtsson writes:

Just tried it over here and got:

[snip]

wget: not found

Sorry, missed that one!

Please install wget and try again?

Also set FONTCONFIG_FILE to what lilypond prints when using
LILYPOND_VERBOSE=1.

Maybe I shouldn't bother too much since I don't use the Windows
version very often, but I'm afraid I'm not the only one who finds
things confusing here.

One tricky thing here was the just running the command
fc-list doesn't show anything, but
fc-list > list.txt
provides the information in the file list.txt

A side note, I cannot manage to run lilypond from the Windows
command prompt. When trying, either by calling it with full path
or by first adding C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin to the path
variable, I do get reasonable results from 'lilypond --help' but
as soon as I try to process any .ly file, I get

GNU LilyPond 2.6.3
ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
ERROR: Unable to find file "ice-9/boot-9.scm" in load path

Still, double-clicking a .ly file or dragging it onto the
LilyPond icon works as expected. Calling
lilypond-windows -dgui file.ly
from the command prompt doesn't seem to do anything either.
Of course, I don't really know what I'm doing here.

   /Mats