Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 33, Issue 88

From: Henrik Frisk
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 33, Issue 88
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:51:01 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

> > Hello world,
> >
> > I need to create a tie that stops in the middle of a bar (the final
> > note of a piece should carry a tie to nowhere to indicate `laissez
> > vibrer').
>
> I'd be very glad to add proper support for l.v. ties as a sponsored
> feature.  The syntax would be something like
>
>    <c e g b>2\lv
Mats's suggestion about scaling the durations is one way to achieve what you
want. I'm doing it by changing the length of the measure with a  \set
Score.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 5 4 ) and put ties to invisible notes.
In any event I was about to put up a feature request for an implementation for
l.v. a while ago but never got around to it. It could easily be done by adding
glyphs to the feta font with noteheads with short ties attached to them (that
method has some drawbacks though...).

/Henrik