Re: "script direction not yet known"

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: "script direction not yet known"
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:25:42 -0500

On 8/30/05, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> Trevor Baca wrote:
> > Somewhere in some input I've specified neither ^ nor _ for some script.
> >
> > Lily then says
> >
> >   programming error: script direction not yet known
> >   continuing, cross fingers
> >
> > The output is fine. But is there a way to coax Lily to tell me *where*
> > the script is that has no direction specification (so that I can add
> > such a specification to my input and avoid the warning)?
> >

> fixed in CVS, with the compliments of LSD.

Cool. I've since found out that what was generating that particular
programming error was setting the above-staff or below-staff of a
dynamic with something like:

  c'4^\f

or

  c'4_\f

No such error would occur, of course, with simply c'\f since no
direction was being forced upon the dynamic.

--
Trevor Bača