Re: Wrong characters with jEdit

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Wrong characters with jEdit
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:29:24 +0200

For LilyPond version 2.4, at least some of these characters will
work if you save using ISO 8859-1 encoding.

However, I recommend to upgrade to LilyPond version 2.6, which uses
UTF-8 encoding and can handle all such special characters without
any problems.

   /Mats

Oddmund Åvik wrote:
Is there anybody who knows jEdit?
It is impossible to get the special Norwegian characters ÅåØøÆæ right in the headings, and also the Swedish ÄäÖä and German Üü. I have tried many encodings in Preferences > General > Default character encoding, like UTF 8, ISO 8859, Mac Roman etc. Should I do some other settings?

Also, using F3 it will no longer make pdf-files, only ps-files (which I can doubleclick to make pdf).

jEdit 4.2
Lilypond 2.4.2
Mac mini 1.25 1 GHz Tiger

Regards,