Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 33, Issue 90

From: Gordon Gilbert
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 33, Issue 90
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:56:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi y'all!

I've downloaded the lilypond package in order to upgrade my version (currently 2.5.29). I'm running FreeBSD 5.3 on a P-5 (fairly good horsepower -- I forget exactly what) with oodles and oodles of ram.

Can someone explain step-by-step (I'm no geek -- just a very satisfied user of Lilypond) how to install this new version? I am fairly familiar with Ports installations and upgrades, and I imagine this could be somewhat similar, i.e. painless and complete. But I don't want to take any wrong turns :-)

Blessings,

Fr. Gordon Gilbert

        |                 Angels' Roost Farm                  |
        |       Rev. Fr. Gordon Gilbert & Susan Gilbert       |
        |                   705-549-5056                      |
        |                address@hidden                  |
        |                address@hidden                 |