Re: Wrong characters with jEdit

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Wrong characters with jEdit
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:28:42 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

The only unicode characters I ever need are in fact, on rare occasions,
some Latin-1 character (à é è ç ö ü etc.) in a song title.

The ASCII editor I use accepts these characters, but then LilyPond \markup
just skips them.

I would rather not switch to a utf-8 editor.

What editor do you use, then, an what character encoding does it use
when savinf the files? Most text editors nowadays can be configured
to save the file using UTF-8.

Is there any way to
incorporate Latin-1 (or unicode) characters into an ASCII LilyPond file,
using HTML notation or some other trick?  It wouldn't have to be
"convenient" if it would just work.  I have used only LP's built-in roman
and sans fonts; would using an external TTF (TrueType) font give me access
to Latin-1 characters that LilyPond would recognize?

It doesn't matter what font you use. In fact, the text font used in
Lilypond are not built into the program but taken from what you already
have on your machine.

   /Mats