Re: Compound time signatures

From: Pedro Kröger
Subject: Re: Compound time signatures
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:21:13 -0300

Henrik Frisk <address@hidden> writes:

> Rather than using a keyword, if the function is called with divtwo==0
> use equal divisor. In other words: (compound-time grob 3 8 5 8) would
> result in 3/8+5/8 and (compound-time grob 3 8 5 0) would give 3+5/8
> (as I believe it's a matter of taste what way you want to notate
> it). Does that make sense? Maybe a keyword makes it simpler to
> understand?

I said to use the keyword or "detect the behavior automatically" which I
really prefer. if the list of arguments is equal to 4 the expected
arguments would be (numerator1 denominator1 numerator2 denominator2)
like:

(compound-time grob 3 16 5 8)

if the list of arguments is 3 the arguments would be (numerator1
numerator2 denominator), like

(compound-time grob 3 5 8)

the implementation of it would use optional arguments as described by
Han-Wen.

Pedro