Re: More Centred Dynamics

From: Michael Welsh Duggan
Subject: Re: More Centred Dynamics
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 00:57:08 -0400

Will Oram <address@hidden> writes:

> I tried Mats' template for centred piano dynamics but found it to be
> off-balance. Maybe I will try later with greater tweaking. Also, do
> the dynamics in this template apply themselves to MIDI, or is it
> functional only in layout?
>
> In the meantime, I have reverted back to the example given in the
> manual. When I try the code below -- typed by myself, not copied --
> the piano staff appears as a three-staff system, with dynamics wedged
> between the second and third. This was tried with and without the
> MIDI \score block. If there's a typing error on my part, I sure don't
> see it.

I can only realy answer the MIDI question.

The answer is that, by default, no, these dynamics will not apply to
the voices in the other staves.  This is due the fact that dynamics
are performed from within the Voice context.  In order to make the
dynamics work properly, you have to remove the Dynamic_performer and
Span_dynamic_performer from the Voice context and add them to the
PianoStaff context.

--
Michael Welsh Duggan
(address@hidden)