Re: Creating minimal previews

From: Bec and John Silva
Subject: Re: Creating minimal previews
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 19:27:55 -0400

Hi Sven,

Not sure how much you would like this option, but couldn't you just output to png (or whatever Lilypond supports) and then crop the image for your website?

- John

I create preview images for the music published on my website.
Some of the pieces are made up of a \book containing up to
10 \score parts. In this case the preview image the preview
image is made up of the first system of all 10 parts. Now, I
would rather have a preview consisting only of the first system
of the first score. I figure I can do this by creating a
temporary .ly file where I extract the stuff I need using a
Python script or such. But maybe there is a better way?

Perhaps this would be useful for others as well, so it could
be added to Lilypond (as a sponsored feature) by adding a
--minimal-preview flag to the program?

--
Sven Axelsson