tie-configuration question

From: Henrik Frisk
Subject: tie-configuration question
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:39:36 +0200

In a post a few weeks back I asked about the tie-configuration in
mulitiple voices. Nobody responded, so either it ws a really dumb
question - in which case I don't mind being told - or nobody understood
what I meant... In either case, here's a snippet that doesn't change the
tie behaviour. I've tried a number of different ways of coding the same
music, but as long as there is more than one voice, I can't get
tie-configuration to make a difference.

I think the recent discussions on LilyPond's new tie
behaviour has shown one thing: To a large degree it is up to musical style and
personal preference - which makes the tie-configuration command so
important (to me anyways).

%%%%%%%%%%%%% BEGIN SNIPPET %%%%%%%%%

\version "2.7.7"

\score {
   \new Staff <<
     \relative c'' {
\time 6/8
  <<
    {
      s4. <ais' bis'>4.~
      \set Score.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 9 8)
      <ais bis'>4.~ \hideNotes <ais bis'>4. \unHideNotes
    } \\
    {
      <cis, d>2.~
      \override TieColumn #'tie-configuration =
      <cis d>4.~ \hideNotes <cis d>4. \unHideNotes
    }

  \stopStaff
  s4. \bar "||"