Ancient Time Signatures.

From: Trent J
Subject: Ancient Time Signatures.
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:51:09 +1000

Hi All..

Just a quick question with ancient time signatures. Looking a works by Frescobaldi and Monteverdi they use the old proportional time scheme. They use a mixture of ancient clefs and numbers .. e.g.  O3 but there is no time signature setting for this so I guess this needs to be created with a markup... how would I go about this. To hide the time signature eg 3/1 use the ancient time signature 03.

Would this also generate a curteousy time singnature if the change began in the beginning of a new line or page like the normal time signatures?

Any help appreciated.

Trent