Re: syntax error

From: Andrew Watson
Subject: Re: syntax error
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 15:57:35 +0000 (UTC)

Gordon Gilbert <gord <at> angel.eicat.ca> writes:

> Then I changed something else (and I can't seem to restore it with "undo"
> in xemacs) and it now gives me:
>
> Gloria4Part.ly:20:10: error: syntax error, unexpected DIGIT
> \version "
>            2.5.29"
> error: failed files: "Gloria4Part.ly"
>

> \header {
>       lastupdated = "2005/September/5
> }
>
> \version "2.5.29"

Hello!
I haven't used the "lastupdated" property myself, but I believe the date would
need to be enclosed within quotes. However, it looks like you're missing one at
the end of the date.
Since this is immediately above your version statement, I suppose that's what's
causing the problem
Hope this helps :)
Andrew