Re: Book creation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Book creation
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 17:45:01 -0700

On 7-Sep-05, at 3:15 PM, Gordon Gilbert wrote:
Graham, thanks for the reply. I was thinking that would be something like your answer. A while back I created a liturgy booklet using OpenOffice with PNGs inserted where I needed to. In OO I was able to shrink the lilypond pieces as necessary to fit them in. Having tweaked my lilypond files the way I want them, would this also not be a reasonable way to do the job, and also include other graphics as necessary? Especially for non-geeks like myself? (Perhaps objectionable only to the Lily purists :-)

You could certainly do it manually with OpenOffice. This kind of thing can be done automatically, but it requires some geeky stuff (shell script, the "convert" utility,
possibly lilypond-book, etc).

Cheers,
- Graham