Re: SVG backend - resulting files invalid?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: SVG backend - resulting files invalid?
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 13:08:49 +0200

Daniel Johnson wrote:

- Inkscape opened the file correctly
- rsvg-view and Konqueror opened the file correctly but rendered it very very tiny
- Firefox showed all characters on top of one another
- Karbon14 only showed staff-lines, measures, stems and ledger-lines; all character data was missing. - Abiword had the same problems as above, except of course no overlapping pages - KWord showed correct glyphs for accidentals, but incorrect glyphs for noteheads and clefs; most vertical lines were missing.

Any hints on how to get Lily to behave with SVG?

We have tested lily with inkscape. As inkscape only supports single page-documents, we don't know how multi-page documents should behave.

The question is also who is correct. If the SVG spec was unequivocal, all SVG renderers would produce the same image. It's the question which renderer is correct.