Re: installing lilypond vrom autopackage

From: Thomas Ruedas
Subject: Re: installing lilypond vrom autopackage
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 23:44:04 +0200

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 22:18, Jobst Harders wrote:
> I would like to install Lilypond on my system, using SuSE 9.1. I
> downloaded the package, but get the error message that "Python language
> runtime "cannot be found. I had a look in Yast and Python interpreter
> is installed on my system. Is anyone out there who could tell me what
> else I do have to install?
Just a guess: did you also install the includes and libraries (package
python-devel)? Maybe they are needed at some time in the installation or
so.
I found that SuSE 9.1 has a whole bunch of programs needed by lilypond in
versions older than required by the latest stable release 2.6.x; in
particular, I had found that the executable produced from the autopackage
of 2.6.x would not run for some reason on my SuSE 9.1 box in spite of
being installed without errors (I mentioned that earlier on this list).
In the end I compiled 2.4.6 from the sources.
HTH,
Thomas