lilypond speed

From: Roman V. Isaev
Subject: lilypond speed
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:59:00 +0400

        Why lilypond on windows is VERY slow?! It takes almost 30 seconds to
complete
something that compiles in less than a second on Fedora Core 4... I'm shocked.
For some reasons I can't use Fedora at home and it's very annoying to wait so
much for a little correction :( I thought lilypond is slow by design, but
when I installed FC4 at work and decided to try unix version I was truly
shocked...
The difference between windows and unix computer's hardware  does exist, but
certainly
it's not an order of 100 times........

--
 Roman V. Isaev         http://www.soprano-recorder.ru         Moscow, Russia