Re: lilypond speed

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: lilypond speed
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:19:44 +0200

Roman V. Isaev wrote:
        Why lilypond on windows is VERY slow?! It takes almost 30 seconds to
complete
something that compiles in less than a second on Fedora Core 4... I'm shocked.
For some reasons I can't use Fedora at home and it's very annoying to wait so
much for a little correction :( I thought lilypond is slow by design, but
when I installed FC4 at work and decided to try unix version I was truly
shocked...
The difference between windows and unix computer's hardware  does exist, but
certainly
it's not an order of 100 times........

Are you using Cygwin? Do you have many fonts? The difference in speed between the mingw and FC binaries should be neglible.