Re: Help with hairpins colliding with slurs

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Help with hairpins colliding with slurs
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:21:11 +0200

What made you think that "Script" is the layout object to modify.

If you read the section on Dynamics in the manual, you can read at
the bottom of the section "Vertical positioning of these symbols is
handled by DynamicLineSpanner" and if you view the on-line version
of the manual, you get a link to the DynamicLineSpanner object with
a list of its properties. As you can see, the default value of the
padding is 0.6, which you can increase using
\once \override DynamicLineSpanner #'padding = #2.0
or whatever value you prefer.

   /Mats

Joel Barbosa wrote:
Dear lily-users,
In some cases where I use hairpins and slurs in a sequence of low notes at the staff, they collide. I tried to use: \once \override Script #'padding = #1.2, but it didn't work out. Is there someone who could help, please? Thank you very much. Joel

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology