Re: Co-Sponsoring

From: Steve D
Subject: Re: Co-Sponsoring
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:07:49 -0600

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 07:17:51AM +0300, Mehmet Okonsar wrote:
> Hi to all
> I'm willing to co-sponsor the following features:
>
> Feathered beams;
> S shaped slurs
> Music XML import
> Dashed barlines
> Cross-staff chords
> Dynamic formatting
>
> if anyone interested in sharing let's start collecting..
> Or there may be another feature as listed in the
> http://lilypond-design.com/sponsor/open-features.html
> [. . .]
--- ---

Starting in November, I plan to contribute 200 Euros per month to
Han-Wen, for at least 4 months and perhaps 6 months, for whatever work
he happens to do on LilyPond.

If he wishes to take into account some of my own personal preferences,
my own "wish-list" includes the cross-staff chords you mentioned, as
well as automatic and manual tie formatting (Han-Wen mentioned that
during the last tie-rewrite, he thought of a possibly better way to
rewrite the tie code), and the higher-level \override mentioned at the
open-features URL above.

Monthly pledges might make it easier on the budgets of cosponsors, for
features that will require a relatively greater amount of Han-Wen's time
and effort. If anyone else considers cross-staff chords, tie formatting
(automatic and manual) and the higher-level \override functionality
important, he or she might wish to consider joining me in making monthly
pledges as mentioned above. Just an idea-- ;-)

-Steve D
New Mexico US
Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are
wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to
rule others. -Edward Abbey