Re: key signatures and other stuff

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: key signatures and other stuff
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:56:16 +0200

On Friday 16 September 2005 20.59, nirly (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
> i'm using lilypond right now jut to make very simple scores by a program
> i'm making my files are pretty much just a bunch of...
> { c d e f g }
> { c e f d }
> etc...
>
> what is the simplest way to add key signatures and time signatures to
> this... i tried the /key command but i don't know where to put ...

Please read the manual carefully (section 6.3.2) - you must type in everything
literally. In this case, you need to use a backslash, i.e. \key instead
of /key.

> everywhere i try gives me an error... also is there a way i can force the
> number of bars per line, and number of lines per page? --

You can insert \break and \pageBreak commands, see manual section 10.1.8. In
most cases you probably don't want to use \break - lilypond is written to
automatically insert linebreaks where they look best. (\pageBreak is however
useful to avoid bad page turns)

--
Erik