Re: jEdit - translation

From: Marc Weber
Subject: Re: jEdit - translation
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 01:44:55 +0200

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 08:55:22PM +0200, Bertalan Fodor wrote:
> Can't i18n efforts/feature be injected as plugins?

I do not want jedit to rely on the translation file.. That's why the
translation properties are loaded after the original ones.. So if the
verison of jEdit changes and some features are added they will be
labeled at least in English :)

And I don't think it's a good idea to write a plugin which modifies
jedit.jar because then you can run into deep trouble providing support,
can't you?

If you know another solution.. please tell me.
Perhaps there is another way I've missed?

Of course you can only exchange the property files..
But my goal was beeing able to switch languages if you want to look
s.th. up in help and compare the menu entries..

At the moment you have an extra option where you can enter 'de' for
German and nothing for no translation..

Marc