Re: Still \char # problem..

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Still \char # problem..
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:19:04 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
People using SToccata.TTF or other non-unicode symbol fonts would find it
helpful to be able to specify the character they want using \char #137
for example.

Beyond that, \char is an existing feature; if its behaviour were
consistent with LilyPond's switch to utf-8, then people who needed only a
few accented letters from time to time could write \char #50089 to get
e-acute, or the corresponding number to get some character from the Czech,
Romanian, etc. alphabet.

I was confused a little; there is also a back-end command char, which does not and cannot work any longer since the switch to pango.
However, try using

\markup {
  #(ly:export (ly:wide-char->utf-8 137))
}

Hmmm... maybe I could change the implementation of \char to use that.