Re: Ghostscript/GSview problems

From: Trent J
Subject: Re: Ghostscript/GSview problems
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:41:23 +1000

Had the same problem here...

I sent an email to lilypond-devel about this so did Mats Bengtsson. I think this is a gsview problem not a lilypond problem as the .ps file is readable in another PS viewer program... a commercial one.. can't remember it's exact name but the program was unable to watch a file and update when changes were made... so no different than viewing via PDF.

I checked via ghostscipt program and was able to make a pdf version of the postscript file via ps2pdf so ghostscript (not the viewer) is able to use the file.

My guess is that gsview many have problems with the certain tags in the file etc. I'm awaiting a response to my question on lilypond-devel as to whether to contact the makers of gsview.. just in case it is a lilypond problem...

Trent