Vertical spacing tweaks.

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Vertical spacing tweaks.
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:40:18 +0200

Fairchild wrote:
Not from me, but there have been many postings from individuals struggling
with page layout vertical springs.  Suggest you ask the user list, with a
short description of the feature.  (Or maybe "anti-feature" :-) )

I could implement the following:

- add a property

    line-break-system-details

to NonMusicalPaperColumn

- This is an alist of properties, that are applied to the
system following a line-break at that point.

It could support the following properties:

Y-extent -- set the vertical size of the system (used as vertical "rods")

Y-refpoint-extent -- set the vertical size of the refpoints (used as vertical "springs")

PRICE: 130 euro

In addition, I could also make an

alignment-stretch-factor -- scale parameters used for vertical alignments.

This would make it possible to set the distance between staves in individual staves easily.

PRICE: 130 euro

With these feature in place, it would be possible to control vertical spacing after line breaks. Of course, it's up to the user to force certain breakpoints.

If there is sufficient interest, I can also include a -ddump-breaks , which writes a

  line-breaks.ly

file, containing

  breakLayout = { \skip 1*4
    \break
    \skip 1*3/4
    \break
    \pageBreak
      .. etc ..
  }

so that you can use page and line break layout, by doing

  \score {
     <<  ..my Music..
         \breakLayout

  }

PRICE: 130 euro

Contact me if you want to (co-)sponsor any of these features. Prices include debugging, example files and limited documentation. Payment costs and VAT (if applicable) are included in the prices.