RE: half-dot

From: libero . mureddu3
Subject: RE: half-dot
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:40:40 +0300

Hi,
just few weeks ago, I saw this notation in the music of Veli-Matti Puumala,
another finnish composer (like Aho).
I don't think it's so popular to become a standard, and also the piece in
which I saw the symbol is handwritten.. Personally I never used this notation
and I've asked to some composers and nobody use it.

>I think this music was prepared with either Sibelius or Finale but I'm
>not sure which (one clue; when slurs/ties pass through time signatures
>they 'white out' as they cross them).

So, in my experience, is not Sibelius for sure. I don't remember Finale so
well but I don't think it has this feature.

> I used to use Finale but I never
>encountered this sign before.
>
>Just thought I'd toss this out there.  If it is, or is becoming, a
>standard notation perhaps LilyPond ought to be able to do it, too.
>
>-David

Libero Mureddu

Libero Mureddu
Vanha Viertotie, 21 as. 429