Re: How to pause a staff with some horizontal whitespage?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: How to pause a staff with some horizontal whitespage?
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:45:40 +0200

Peter Mogensen wrote:
Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Read the NEWS in the documentation for version 2.6.

Unless I'm mistaken \stopStaff \startStaff doesn't stop output of notes.
Only the staff-lines.

To use this, it would require to insert skip-notes in all staffs/voices.
I would rather measure the horizontal space in centimeters than in
note-values.

This is unavoidable; All horizontal positions have 2 colunms associated with them, a musical (where the note is) and a non-musical one (for clefs, barlines, etc.). Without skips, we'd have to have 2 non-musical columns for a single time position, and that would require major hacking. It should be feasible to specify the amount of space as a dimension, though. Do you want to me to look into that as a sponsored feature?