Re: Co-sponsoring Was: Ties in second endings

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Co-sponsoring Was: Ties in second endings
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:54:32 +0200

Peter Mogensen wrote:
I think a lot of us do...
I hope for a more clean complete solution which also could handle ties
into CODA-jumps.

I guess there's many users which would like such larger features, but do
not have the money to pay for the grand unified solution alone. I hope
Han-Wen could set up some kind og "vote-with-your-money" system, so we
all could contribute to get something implemented.

On one hand, I'm all for "Pay grand amounts of money", but I think it's better for everyone, and better for the evolution of the program to fix problems in as small steps as possible. Right now, there are two problems:

#1 typography: there has to be support for connecting ties on their right sides, like mirrored lv. ties.

#2 translation: there has to mechanics to make remember ties at the start of repeats, and use #1 to create the ties appropriately.

IIRC think I have set the price at EUR 110 for #1 + #2 (incl VAT and/or transfer costs, depending on where you live.)