Re: Co-sponsoring Was: Ties in second endings

From: Peter Mogensen
Subject: Re: Co-sponsoring Was: Ties in second endings
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 05:42:32 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

>> IIRC think I have set the price at EUR 110 for #1 + #2 (incl VAT
>> and/or transfer costs, depending on where you live.)
>

> Sorry, I'm a bit uncoherent. The point I'm trying to make is that the
> "Grand Unified Solution" should be built from many "Small Useful
> Solution"s. Otherwise, we might spend a lot of resources on something
> that is not so much needed in the end.   What I sketched above is one
> part of the Grand Unified solution, so I think it is a good start to
> work on that.

You're right. But the I was trying to make is that if something requires
 desing-considerations for a clean solution, then it can be difficult to
find "small useful solutions", which together gets you all the way.
I'm not in a position to evaluate whether this is the case, since I've
not read the source.
I just wanted to make it possible to "do it right", if you conclude that
the cleanest way to move forward would be changing some fundamental
design. (even if the feature which caused that conclussion was minor).
... and for people to sponsor such activity together.

Peter