Re: Font regression woes

From: Jukka Akkanen
Subject: Re: Font regression woes
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:56:18 -0400

On Sep 22, 2005, at 6:50 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Trevor Bača wrote:

On 9/22/05, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

Trevor Bača wrote:

Rendering /input/regression/font-name.ly under OS X with 2.7.9 generates ...

is this 10.3 or 10.4 ?

10.4.2

The problem is with the fondu program, which is used to extract fonts. Dealing with resource forks has changed from 10.3 to 10.4, and its author (George Williams) doesn't run 10.4 (yet) to fix the issue. If you're familiar with MacOS X, you could also have a look yourself; I suspect that the fix should be easy.

A quick hack is to use a font that isn't stored as a Resource fork

This doesn't appear to be a Mac OS 10.3 vs 10.4 issue because both exhibit the same behavior. What I see happening with LilyPond 2.7.9 is, fondu generates following four files from '/Library/Fonts/Times New Roman':

TimesNewRoman.ttf
TimesNewRomanBold.ttf
TimesNewRomanBoldItalic.ttf
TimesNewRomanItalic.ttf

Then LilyPond looks at their names and gives the complaint, "warning: can't extract file matching TimesNewRomanPSMT from /Library/F\onts/ Times New Roman". I don't know what is supposed happen, though, but I hope this gives further ideas about how to troubleshoot the issue or come up with a workaround.

-Jukka