Re: Notation

From: Peter Mogensen
Subject: Re: Notation
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 07:43:09 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> The cheaper option is to write the people that recorded the CD and ask
> them for music.  If you give them enough money, they might consider the
> request.

Yes... that's probably the cheapest way in terms of both time and money.

But that said, there exists software which tries to generate MIDI from
sound.
Like: http://home.gna.org/midingsolo/

I tried it with my trumpet, and it does get most pitches right, but it
has a problem guessing how many tones. The slightest attack on a tone
causes it to send the tone twice.
So it's not usable in practice, and definitely not with anything more
complex than a monophonic intrument.

Peter