Re: First page separate

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: First page separate
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 19:30:30 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Hello all.
>
> I would like to typeset a score with the first, introduction page
> which consists of title, author, the whole lyrics, English and some
> other translation of it and some other stuff. Then on the second page,
> I'd like the score itself to begin. Is there a common practice how
> this is done with Lily? I'd like to publish the score to Mutopia
> project then, so would rather not use lily-book and other more
> advanced tools for page formatting... or should I?

Read the following section of the manual:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.7/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Creating-titles.html

and more specifically the breakbefore keyword. The text you want to put
on the first page can be entered with markups at top level. Or,
alternatively, you can define a title page: see bookTitleMarkup.

If you search the list archives, you'll find examples.

Unless you have big amounts of text, you should not bother using
lily-book. And even... I'm currently typesetting Comédies Ballets by
Lully and Molière and co, with verses and music, using LilyPond
only. This is manageable.

nicolas