Re: SUSE 9.3 and fontforge

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: SUSE 9.3 and fontforge
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:53:38 +0200

Why not install the stable version 2.6? I wouldn't be suprised if the
package available for download at www.lilypond.org works out of the
box on your system (at least the intention is that it should work on
all normal Linux systems).

If you still want to build it yourself, just make sure that your
new fontforge is installed somewhere where it's included in $PATH.

   /Mats

Suzanne Blatt wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying to build Lilypond 2.5 as the one that came with SUSE 9.3 doesn't work. My problem is fontforge. The 'old' fontforge that came with SUSE has been uninstalled, I found and downloaded the 'new' fontforge from the web but I cannot seem to get the compilers to find it - so my compiling results in an error of 'no fontforge'. Where should I be compiling fontforge on my machine so it will be seen? and how do I do this? I think it should go in /usr/bin but how can I get it there?
Thanks,
Suzie

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing