Re: Putting horizontal brackets at a fixed y-position

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Putting horizontal brackets at a fixed y-position
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:52:46 +0200

Are you seriously saying that you want high notes to actually pass
through the brackets?

What you can do is to reduce the padding and increase the staff-padding
(or minimum-space, which is used in the default settings for
VoltaBracket, for some reason). Then, the distance from the stave will
be more limiting than the distance from the note unless you have a note
with a very high pitch.

   /Mats

address@hidden wrote:
Is there already a non-hackish way of putting horizontal brackets (voltas and
analysis brackets) at a *fixed* y-position unaffected by the bracketed music?
If not I'm willing to sponsor such a feature that for both volta brackets and
analysis brackets lets me do, for instance

\override HorizontalBracket #'fixed-position = #'(2 . 3) % use octave and note
pos

or perhaps using the padding property together with a flag. Now the bracket will
all be put at that position, even if the music overlaps them.

How about that? And I actually consider it a bug that Lilypond doesn't do this
as default.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems