Associating transparent note heads with a tie

From: Kevin Nowaczyk
Subject: Associating transparent note heads with a tie
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:04:37 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to have transparent note heads on my TabStaff
whenever the note is connected with a tie.  Something
like:

\once \override TabStaff.NoteHead #'transparent = ##t

How do I make that statement run every time I add a
tilde to my notes listing.  Otherwise, do I need to
make a macro type of thing like this

tilde =
  {
    ~
    \once \override TabStaff.NoteHead #'transparent =
##t
  }

and replace all the c'8~ c'4 in my code with c'8\tilde
8'4.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Kevin Nowaczyk