Re: lilypond-book/(La)TeX knowledge required

From: Jean-Charles
Subject: Re: lilypond-book/(La)TeX knowledge required
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:37:36 +0200

Laura Conrad (LC) a écrit :
"J-C" == Jean-Charles  <address@hidden> writes:

    J-C> Just another silly question about using emacs for handling .lytex
files:

    J-C> How can I get the same fontifying as when opening a .tex or .ltx file?

LC> I just manually say M-x latex-mode.  The _right answer_ is to define
LC> latex-mode as the default mode for .lytex files, or to put a comment
LC> into the file setting latex-mode as the mode for that file, but I'm
LC> too lazy to look up how to do that.

Found:

either enter as first line of the file:

% -*- LaTeX -*-

or add to your ~/.emacs the following:

(setq auto-mode-alist
      (cons '("\\.lytex$" . latex-mode) auto-mode-alist))

I have tested, both of them work fine.

That might help anyone.

Jean-Charles Malahieude