Re: Syntax for reading object property values?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Syntax for reading object property values?
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 01:18:20 +0200

Peter Hays wrote:
I bet this is a simple one. How do I read the value of an object property for use in a markup string? For example, how do I get the value of 'currentBarNumber' and use in place of 'x' in the following code?

This is not supported; I'm not sure whether it would be possible to do generically. By the time that the markup is evaluated, the currentBarNumber property of the relevant context will have changed to the last bar of the piece.