Re: Vertical spacing tweaks.

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing tweaks.
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 14:54:26 +0200

> Trevor Bača wrote:
>>>One problem still is visualization: it's hard to see what's going on
>>>unless you completely understand how things work.  One possibility would
>>>be to annotate every tunable dimension on the page, so you can see
>>>exactly what is being tweaked. It would be similar to
>>>
>>>   http://www.mackichan.com/index.html?techtalk/501.htm~mainFrame
>>>
>>>This is a feature that I would like to put up for 130 euro too.
>>>
>>>Anyone for a (co)sponsorship?
>> God yes. I think that would be a major benefit to the system. I'll
>> put
>> up EUR 65; can anyone else meet halfway?
>
> See some samples at
>
>  http://localhost/lilypond/doc/current/Documentation/topdocs/out-www/NEWS.html
>
> I haven't worked out how to annotate other dimensions on the page in a
> neat way, yet though.

Wow, cool!

Would it be possible to also print the space from the last system (of a
page) to the bottom of the page, in order to see how many extra space we
have? That would be handy when tweaking inter-system or inter-staff
space.

For the curious, I've put a many score book with vertical space
annotations there:
http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/lully/lwv08-annotated.pdf

nicolas