Re: French mailing list

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 00:49:21 +0200

John Mandereau wrote:
Hi LilyPonders,
We are now five French translators for the documentation [I'm trying to
understand the makefiles and adapt them, plus managing other encoding
and Texinfo issues; it's quite a pain but we (the translators) will
manage it, certainly with some little help from gurus].

Moreover, there have already been several French messages on this
mailing list, maybe because we have forgotten to add on the site a
notice saying the language on the lists is English; anyway, it shows
some French users would like support in French.

So, we think it is now useful to create a French-speaking LilyPond
mailing list, for two purposes :
      * discussing the translations
      * basic support for French-speaking users

Of course, this list would certainly not be a substitute of the existing
lists for all French-speaking users, as there are much more users,
especially experienced users, and of course the developers on them.

Could it be hosted on lists.gnu.org? If not, we can look for another
host. We expect of course to have to administrate and moderate the list.

Certainly. Did you already register with savannah.gnu.org? What should it be called?

  address@hidden ?
  address@hidden ?