\compressMusic

From: Trent Johnston
Subject: \compressMusic
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 10:24:57 +1000

Thanks Mats...

I re-read the section about this and found that the only reference to \times
was

"The latter is done with \compressMusic, which is similar to \times, but
does not create a tuplet bracket."

To me this doesn't describe very accurately that you use \compressMusic the
same way as \times but more that it's function output is similar to \times
but no bracket or tuplet number is created. I think the phrase 'similar to'
is the problem and may it should be changed to:

"The latter is done with \compressMusic, which is entered similar to \times,
but does not create a tuplet bracket."

Even your reply to me makes more sense of the use of the function

\compressMusic works the same way as \times, i.e. that it only applies to
the music expression after the first argument. In other words, you have to
enclose all the music into curly braces.

Thanks again,

Trent