Re: Turkish music theory

From: Adam Good
Subject: Re: Turkish music theory
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 12:23:56 -0400

Hi Ayhan,

On Oct 7, 2005, at 4:13 AM, Ayhan Üretmen wrote:
Sounds very good to my ears. it would be very nice if this could be done some day. i know a lot of people that would use lilypond if it would support turkish music notation.
Hey nice that you are interested! I agree, I'd think that many people I know would use it if supported. It is difficult, as many people here probably know, to convince people of the virtues of Lilypond...everyone likes their drag and drop kinds of apps. (at the risk of sounding condescending).

Do you play Ottoman or Turkish music? Or know of people in Germany or Holland? If so I'd like to be in touch with you...please let me know!
does anybody know how to put a small number over a 'b' or a '#' in the key specifation (this shows which quarter (micro-) tones to use.

(some code maybe?)
Do you mean instead of using for example backwards flat symbols and other microtonal characters that are already supported?

best,
Adam Good