Re: Scheme error - what am I doing wrong?

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: Re: Scheme error - what am I doing wrong?
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 22:36:17 +0200

On 09/10/05, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:
Quoting Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden>:

> But there must be a cleaner way. Maybe that, if you don't mind repeating
> the \layout block in longer examples:

Why not redefine the Staff context once and for all and get rid of
all the Scheme functions?

Well, the way I intend to use this is something in the line of:

\markup {Lots of text here ...}

\example {a b c d}

\markup {Even more text ...}

\example {a-. b\fermata c}

etc ...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the examples needs to be complete scores for me to be able to have multi-paragraph text markups in this manner.

Yes, I know - I should probably use lilypond-book for this but I thought I shoud try plain Lilypond first.

Incidentally, Nicholas, since you know lots about this - would it be possible to extend the #{ #} syntax for embedded lilypond text in Scheme to allow for arbitrary music? As of now I'm not allowed to use \score or \layout in such a block. If that was possible it would be much easier to write the \example function.

--
Sven Axelsson