Re: Stupid question regarding absolute pitch designations

From: Hans Forbrich
Subject: Re: Stupid question regarding absolute pitch designations
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:05:21 -0600

On October 9, 2005 01:58 pm, P B wrote:
> Why is middle C (C3) given the absolute pitch designation

This is a topic for ongoing argument in virtually every music related
newsgroup and distribution list to which I subscribe.  Basically - pick a
system and go ... because you'll offend someone, somehow, somewhere no matter
what you chose.

However, I refer you to one reasonably good site and diagram that seems to be
reasonably well recognized: http://www.dolmetsch.com/musictheory1.htm#midi

/Hans